Tuesday 28 July 2009

First workout today...and a bizarre change of events

Had my first workout today, no matter how muscle bound and gorgeous my personal trainer may be, he is still Satan in my eyes right now.

I ache. Oh dear lord do I ache. Only a 30 minute workout, but needed gas and air straight after! 30 sit-ups, 30 press ups, 30 arm pullyupy thingys. But you know what, no matter how much pain I was in, and how much I wanted to give in- I didn't. I just pictured all those bullies of the past and pictured the gorgeous body I wanted (I also thought of Hugh Jackman briefly) and I got through it and I have never ever felt so good in all my life.

Now for the bizarre change of events....me and my housemate had a massive argument today, won't bore you with the tiny details but long and short of it is that she owes me money, and I haven't had it yet. Now this isn't so bizarre, but what is bizarre is that for only the second time in my life I haven't turned to food for comfort. Instead I couldn't actually eat a thing! The only other time this has happened was when I broke up with my fiance a few months ago, and I found it equally unnerving then...why do I no longer stuff myself when in extreme emotional torment or in extreme anger?

I'm not quite sure why this change has happened, but i'm bloody glad it has- maybe I am finally breaking my addiction to food!

Andy x

1 comment: